Tuesday, October 14, 2014

A pleasant surprise with Chiu Chow Garden - free range chicken

It's very surprising for me to see a real free range chicken served in a HK restaurant.  Even though in many menus free range chicken is quoted, most of them aren't.  This one really makes my eyes gaze at it for a few seconds.  It's not difficult to tell how a free range chicken is.  Just the skin is quite transparent and under the skin, very little fat (actually no fat) can be found.  This one reminds me of my aunt.  That's how she taught me about skin, fat and meat and also good fat and bad fat.  So this time I took a little bit of the skin of this chicken.  It tastes so good and the meat texture is awesome.  So HK$148 for half chicken is a good bargain.  

5 comments:

Stella said...

Just by looking here I can tell the chicken is very healthy with shiny skin with no fat.

in the sea said...

It's a treasure finding to me, say in HK.

Stella said...

HK has all the good food on earth.

in the sea said...

Oops.. I mean this one is rarely found in HK.

Stella said...

OK I got it.
So treasure the good taste of the rarely found chicken.