Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Meat & Greet, burger house, Prague

Noticed this place was very crowded on another night.  Went in for a table but the answer was full.  The waiter was kind enough to give me their name card to call for an advance booking.  A bit amazing to me getting a burger required a booking.  So on the night before we left Prague, we decided to pop in for a try.  The waiter felt sorry for just only one table left and which was quite near the entrance.  How should we care but rather it's our curiosity to check why this place was that popular.  Order their house signature burger, iced tea and a mixed juicy drink.  On the sides, we took coleslaw and fries.  The burger reminded me of how I used to put on some fruit jam in the burger.  This time it's blackcurrant jam and some beet root paste too.  See how creative that we could use some fruity flavour in a burger instead of heavy cheese or truffle oil or olive oil...etc.  So with the crunchy bacon bits and the juicy beef patty, I know why eating a burger required advance bookings.  On and off lines of customers came in for begging (yes, begging) a table.  On the sides, I really loved the coleslaw.  They put some radish in it making it a bit spicy.  That's what we call coleslaw!  The fries was not to be missed either.  All these made me further try their home made pancakes.  The pecan was pan fried a bit with a very nice aroma.  The pancakes were in a nice texture and aromatic with the fresh flour.  The salted caramel and peanut butter were so good to go with it.  I put aside high calories and cholesterol out of my mind.  It may be a bit exaggerating but this place would recall me to come back to Prague.

No comments: