Friday, March 2, 2018

東京竹葉亭, Nagoya, Japan

Noticed quite many grilled eel restaurants in Nagoya.  Wondered if I should try this one as the name sounds it's not a Nagoya's place.  As it's getting quite busy, I shouldn't bother that much but simply went in for a try.  Ordered a normal size eel rice set (JPY3,800).  Not only is the presentation nice but also the steamed egg, appetizers and the main course are so good.  I like the way they grilled the eel a bit dried out and it's a bit quite crusty.  Also, the grease was gone.  Just to my preference.  On the side, they have some condiments to go with the rice.  They have some house-made preserved peppers (also for sale as a pack).  Those were so good to go with the eel's grilled aroma.  Then they had a menu to tell you to eat the rice in 3 different ways.  The first is to eat the eel rice as it is.  The 2nd is to eat it with condiments.  The 3rd is to put some soup.  I somehow like the 3rd one, though I really don't like to take rice with soup.

No comments: