Friday, April 27, 2018

Toraya restaurant, Kushiro, Hokkaido

Though the photo 2 didn't show any people, this restaurant was indeed pretty crowded.  Later on, this are was seated.  This city is very close to another city Akkeshi (厚岸) where is the famous place for oyster in Japan.  How could I resist not trying the oyster in this sister city.  I thought I should have order live oysters, but when I noticed the other guests were taking the baked oyster, I changed my mind.  Turned out it's unbelievably sweet tasty and aromatic.  The waiter recommended us to try their signature dish - fried chicken.  I had to thank for his recommendation.  I was surprised that they used free range chicken.  Another highlight is their Kaisen Don (assorted sashimi on rice).  Very fresh sea urchin, scallop, prawn...  As all these dishes are so good that I even ordered more - grilled fish.  This reminded me of how my grand ma used to pan fried some semi-sun-dried fish.  Couldn't believe that I found this kind of grilled fish in Kushiro.  

No comments: