Sunday, May 26, 2019

Stir fried morning glory, in induction heat, at BKK

The only concern for staying in BKK is the kitchen restriction - only electric heating tools allowed.  I really hate induction, because you can't take off the pans and stir fried.  The induction heater beeping when you do that.  I almost tried to bang it like the rock singers banging the guitars.
Well, the reality is just like how I had to force myself to use IMs.  When I saw a nice pack of morning glory incl. some chilli and garlic packed together at just THB45 at the Emporium supermarket, I had to buy one and try it.  I thought for a while as to avoid not to make it too hot because of the chilli but then with the flavour of it.  I used some dried scallop and soaked them and shred it.  Then I slightly pan fried the chopped chilli for about 10 seconds and took it away.  Brown the shred dried scallop with the garlic.  Then put some salt/sugar with yellow wine together with the morning glory and poured it.  Since the induction heat may be quite extreme, so I used the high heat for 10 to 15 seconds and changed it to low heat for another 10 seconds to create the skipping flow of heat.  Trying to create the effect of "taking off the pan from the heat".  Another important step is to cover with the lid, in the last step so as to have the moist ventilating.  Making the heat more even.  

No comments: