Monday, December 7, 2020

Le Bistro Winebeast, Wanchai, HK

Originally visited a restaurant next to this place but that one wasn't good for seating.  No harm to try this one as it looks quite French authentic.  The house manager came to ask if we need help about their menu.  My friend was courteous to say so.  I expected he could have some recommendations rather than just direct translation.  The place claimed to be a fine dining restaurant but in some details I don't agree to it, especially the dinner cost about HK$500.  The butter was in the fridge for a long time and only one tiny plate was served and yet the bread was in a portion for 2.  They didn't have Evian or other French brand's bottled water.  The salad wasn't quite appealing as I found quite some rusty veggie in it.  I had a grilled tuna.  It was luke warm and it was quite a turn off for seafood being served in luke warm.  Perhaps they spent much time on the presentation and garnishing.  Service wasn't good either as the manager interrupted quite rudely when I was ordering the dishes with the waitress.  Perhaps this place is good for food with wine pairing.

 

No comments: