Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Qatar Airway operated on LATAM A350 - Doha to Frankfurt

Got an automated email from Qatar Airways a month prior to the flights between Doha and Frankfurt with the new seating configuration 2-2-2, instead of 1-2-1 (herring fish bone seats).  The plane is still A350.  I get puzzled on this new 2-2-2 seating and even wondered if that would be the Q-suite - the new  business class of Qatar airways with 4 seats open up as a small compartment - good for the family.
Then as I took the shuttle ride to the boarding field, we got stopped at an LATAM aircraft.  Though the crew is in Qatar uniform, I had to ask them again if I boarded on a right plane.  There they gave me the answer that they rented the aircraft from LATAM.  It's quite surprising that I could fly on a LATAM aircraft in Asia.  Somehow I prefer this kind of seating rather than the Herring fish bone seats.  Qatar Airways is really remarkable with their inflight services and meals.  A crew came to me and introduced about himself and further said "I'm from South Africa".  That was quite a familiar note like I was watching Miss Universe.

No comments: