Sunday, October 27, 2019

Moments in Qing Dao, China

Qing Dao and Hong Kong shared some historical background, or I should say most of the coastal ports in China shared the same - once being ceded as a colony.  It was also very sad to see how China was once being ripped off in the late Qing dynasty.  
Hong Kong looked quite advanced and civilized in the eyes of many mainland Chinese but sadly got swept away in the past summer.  I chatted with a taxi driver in Qing Dao, whom was once  very fond of Hong Kong and thought about going for a visit as he often felt Hong Kong was superior and a lot of goodies.  However, what he saw on the TV definitely scared him and I even discouraged him to go, as he spoke in Mandarin that would cause him some troubles.  In this short trip in Qing Dao, I have seen quite many things about Hong Kong.  Restaurant looked like Hong Kong and the main road (where many renowned hotels are) also named after Hong Kong, from Hong Kong East, Middle and West Roads.
I feel sorry for my father.  Qing Dao reminded me of him as he used to share a Qing Dao beer with me when I was a kid, and the mineral water from Qing Dao too.  If he knew how Hong Kong has become...  I wish that he could only remember the time he had the beer and my cooking for him.  So let me write this to fade it away.  

No comments: