Sunday, January 19, 2020

On diet with set meals, Noku Maldives

Palms is the main restaurant serving set meals from breakfast, lunch and dinner.  The a-la-carte menu was easy to read, as there are less than 20 items from starters, salads, mains to desserts.  The unfortunate part was their oven was out of order, and the pizza wasn't available.  The set meal made me feel like I was in the novel "Gulliver's Travel" (小人國).  Yet, the set meal served the same for lunch and dinner, and there are only 2 choices of starters and 3 choices of mains.  That means you had no choice for the dinner if you didn't wanna repeat the selection.
I have never seen such a small sushi roll as amuse broche and the dessert as only 1/5th of a common size.  So I had to ask for 2 baskets of bread to make up for this tiny portion.  The set meal is US$45++ (58 net).  Next time I should study more background of the resort.  I thought Noku took over the previous one, but it should be bought out by Roxy property Singapore and let Noku manage it.  Perhaps Roxy would like for the Noku name for this newly purchased property.  During my stay, there came many problems and which simply explained how behind-the-management administered.

No comments: