Tuesday, July 28, 2020

The restaurant, HK Sanitorium Hospital

It's been so many years I haven't tried the restaurant of this renowned hospital in HK.  In the old days, their abalone chicken rice in casserole was my top-listed choice.  One of my best friends visited me during my stay and that was what we talked about the goodie of this hospital.  This time I came here for several visits, I asked for my family members to check out this place.  I was joking that there would have been some Sze Chuan hot and spicy casserole so as to cater for the new clientele.  Ended up my guess was right.  We found a lot more than that, e.g. Singapore Laksa.  I somehow chose an all-day breakfast.  It was so good that they used some very nice farm eggs, bacon and the hash brown.  The club sandwich was also very nice.  When the chicken a-la-king was served on the table, I noticed it was a freshly made sauce from the basic butter/flour.  As when I was curious about their cake/deli corner, I noticed an XO sauce.  I was told that that's their house specialty.  

No comments: