Saturday, September 5, 2020

泰濃麵 (Siam Noodles), Lan Fong Rd., Causeway Bay, HK

It's quite difficult to find an authentic Thai restaurant in HK.  There are some very nice but not that Thai local flavour, such as Thai Basil that I like the most but I don't agree that their food is very Thai style.  I passed by this street quite often and noticed there are more and more Asian restaurants.  I didn't have a high expectation for this shop.  It was a bit surprising that their pork knuckle rice was quite Thai style with the brown gravy and the sauce.  If they put some Kale and a boiled duck egg on the side, it could have been 100% Thai style.  Their chicken rice was good too and the sauce was quite impressive.  What's more, they used some very nice Thai jasmine rice.  When I left the shop, I heard some people speaking Thai inside the kitchen.  Such a warm cozy meal in Causeway Bay.  Next time I'll try their noodle soup.

 

No comments: