Saturday, June 12, 2021

Bake House, Wanchai, HK

This shop has been the talk of town with long queue for its croissant.  Waited for half an hour for a dine-in, and ordered their signature breakfast.  In general, all were very nice except the sourdough bread that it lacked some chewy tangy texture.  I didn't take it all though I like bread much because quite some heavy olive oil was put on it.  Noticed they served house-made lemonade.  A bit disappointed that it was served in a  small glass with lots of iced cubes and yet it was just 2/3rd full.  I guess that was about 100ml lemonade on ice.  Their signature croissant was much disappointing as I found the butter not evenly spread inside.  They made it in such a rush to cater for the queue.  Perhaps this is another example of the crowd killing the shop.  After all, I wouldn't go back as we had to share the table and yet the table setting was too packed.

 

No comments: