Sunday, February 24, 2013

Hotel Aloft, soi 11 Sukhumvit, BKK

The hotel is opposite to the Bed Super club on soi 11 Sukhumvit.  This soi and the surrounding area has become a bit much beyond what it used to be claimed "chic" - or more explicitly "boring beats and abused chic and trendy - dressed less with heavy perfume or "decoration" and those stereotyped hand-held gestures like flat plane.  Also, most of the taxi drivers in this area would ask for a flat fee, say THB200 for a journey which is just THB60.  If not for the Starwood voucher, I wouldn't try a hotel in this area again.

1 comment:

Stella said...

Very very "chic" and trendy hotel.
I like the lobby.
I like the colorful flowers.
I like the bottom of the swimming pool you shot from aerial; it is so beautiful like rainbow.
I remember we also stayed at a "chic" hotel called "Vie" or "V" similar to this one here.
That one also has a roof top infinity pool overseeing the sky train.