Friday, January 26, 2018

Portfolio restaurant, Prague

This restaurant was ranked on the 4th on tripadvisor, and on the Michelin guide  As it's very convenient and close to our hotel (though the hotel front desk didn't suggest this on their recommendation to us), out of curiosity we came here for a try.  The soup and the bread were quite impressive, but that's it.  The mains Rib Eye Steak (as shown on the menu, but ended up it's a veal chop) and the duck were somewhat disappointing.    When the waiter came to ask if everything ok, I asked if I made a wrong order for a veal that originally I was to order a rib eye steak.  I got the answer "veal is the rib eye steak".  I couldn't debate with him since I'm not sure if that's the local culture for considering veal as rib eye steak too.  As for the duck, it's much too chewy.  Ordered the vanilla ice cream on apple pie and a melted choco. cake.  It reminded me of TWG's ice cream - never melting even in your mouth.  I felt like eating glue....

No comments: