Saturday, August 25, 2018

Zebra crossing in a remote area, in Kiroro, Akaigawa, Hokkaido

There were times I chatted with some younger netizens about their behaviour on the net.  They often wonder why they can't do this or that, in their own sense towards "freedom of speech".  I gave them an example of crossing traffic light in a rural area where you won't see any cars in a distance of couple of miles.  In this circumstance, almost 99% people would just cross the road regardless of the traffic light.  However, it's still not right, legally speaking.  Can we also do the same when we are in city?  So a law is a law.  It depends on our own sense to judge if we can do it or if our freedom would affect the others. 
Today I encountered the 1% people in this remote town where there might be just a few cars running on the road once 20-30 minutes.  I saw the workers from this construction site, walking a long way to the zebra crossing on the far end, and then walking back to the other side of the road.  I hope I won't get challenged by those netizens about this fact of Japan.

No comments: