Thursday, October 18, 2018

reserva iberica signature kitchen, Ship Street, Wanchai HK

A bit unexpected this restaurant was situated on the uphill section of Ship Street, though I'm not superstitious with how spooky of this area was.  Perhaps that's also one of the reasons this kind of western cuisine could be opened here.  We had an octopus on potato confit, diamond clams and a iberico ham platter as appetizer.  We were recommended to try their seafood paella for 4 persons.  We also ordered an iberico ham pasta with caviar.  As when I had a bite of their prawns, I promptly recalled how the prawns I tried in Barcelona.  That special mediterranean sea salt flavour was so unique.  I was also glad that they didn't use the soda powder to preserve the seafood.  Though the dishes were a bit pricey, it's well worth it.  Will come back here to try their semi-buffet lunch.

No comments: