Tuesday, June 18, 2019

A windy bumpy seaplane ride to Baa Atoll, Maldives

Photo 1/2: it could be the first time that I had a bumpy seaplane ride.  The wind speed went up to 40-50 km/hr due to the tropical cyclone drawing the south west monsoon wind in the west of India.  The pilot took the gaps of the heavy clouds, and did a good job to make it.  It could be a bad luck for those who have motion sickness.  Some passengers vomited in such a tiny cabin.  So we gave them some methol to ease down his sickness and also I advised him to look afar at the horizontal line, not focused on the cabin inside.  I then thought of my grand ma who taught me all these.  I gave her a smile and also for how tough my father asked me to bear with the motion movements at my younger time.  So I got trained to cope with this kind of motion sickness except for slow swaying.  I couldn't get used to big cruise ship slow swaying somehow.
Photo 3: Baros resort in North Male Atoll - will be staying this one as it's a sister resort of Velassaru.  Photo 4:Coco Bodu Hithi in North Male Atoll.  Photo 5: Loama resort in Baa Atoll.  Photo 6: Kudafusi in Baa Atoll - in future travel agenda.  Photo 7: Dhigali in Baa Atoll.  It's interesting to see those resorts I have been to in another aerial view.  I'm glad that I could recognise them - meaning each one is very unique in their shape and style.

No comments: