Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Shimotakaido Asahizushi, Mylord mall, Shinjuku station, Tokyo

I've seen a TV program about how some people abused the free table booking in Japan.  Those people booked tables in various restaurants in case they aren't sure which restaurant to go in the last minute.  Ended up some restaurants had some empty tables.  Most of all, some restaurants serving sushi and sashimi had to waste the food.  This time I ran into this situation.  I was told the place was fully booked but almost half of tables weren't yet occupied.  As I returned after an hour, it was still the same.
So the other night, I returned and tried it.  Had a very nice sushi platter at just JPY3,200 (appro. HK$230) and a salmon seaweed salad at JPY680 (HK$50).  Another good thing about this restaurant was that they served some reduced salt soy sauce.  The sashimi was very fresh and the rice too.  I'll have this one on my travel list for future visit in Tokyo and if I can, search it in other Japanese cities.

No comments: