Monday, September 30, 2019

River Cafe, Peninsula Bangkok

It's been 8 years I haven't been to this hotel after the most horrible experiences.  Supposed I should have deleted this hotel for good.  However, I heard from a friend about having a 50% discount of the buffet (about THB1,300 net per person after this discount) of the main restaurant.  As when I stepped in the restaurant, it was about 5-10% occupancy.  The below photos also told how quiet of this place.  The raw oyster was very tiny and some of them not so fresh.  So I just picked 2.  The sashimi was good though.  The hot food was a bit too dried out or mashy because the customers flow didn't make it in a fresh rotation.  The grill wasn't too nice and the chef was quite careless from not cooking the seafood properly.  The squid was quite watery inside.  The ice cream reminded me of TWG.  It could stay unmelted for an hour.  The fruit selection was quite limited with only papapa, water melon and dragon fruit.  The cake was good.  So if you come here for a dinner buffet, better just take the sashimi, salad and cake.

No comments: