Tuesday, April 27, 2021

A "no no no" meal service, at Poolside bar, St. Regis HK

This could be the first hotel that I couldn't eat well.  I tried to ask the pool attendant to put the salad dressing on the side for a quinoa on green salad.  Back and forth, he checked with the kitchen and relayed the "no" reply and asked me to choose their Caesar salad in Balsamic vinegar.  I gave him a straight answer "how could Romaine letter go with balsamic vinegar and it's still called Caesar salad?".  The menu is a bit too brief with only 10 items available and some of them aren't not suitable as a poolside casual meal, e.g. beef filet, salmon steak.  The other items are such "wagyu beef burger, spring rolls, spaghetti Bolognese...".  Supposed when the pricing is about HK$300-500 for one dish, we could have expected something more for catering to the clients' preference and yet I just asked for a salad dressing on the side.  

 

No comments: