Wednesday, April 7, 2021

An interesting day at St. Stephan beach, Stanley, HK

No matter how many warning signs and boards have been placed to advise "no tent" on the beach.  However, no one cares about it, and no one dares to exercise this rule.  Perhaps this city or most people often abuse their freedom.  In this world, when a large no. of people do the same thing, unfortunately any wrongdoing can be "right".    Sadly 99% forgot the basic rule of freedom is to respect the others' freedom in the first place.  Furthermore, I was surrounded by families, with less than 1 foot distance.  Interesting that this beach wasn't that crowded as Repulse Bay.  Not sure if the music I played attracted them.  So I promptly changed my playlists to Chinese songs, and mainland Chinese songs.  What's more annoying, a lady of this family didn't know she was sitting on my sandals.  So it told how close they were settling down to mind.   I had to tell her about that in a cool tune.  I feel bad for my sandal as it suffered with some awful weight.  Then a kid of the other family opened the tent's side sip and played so many "hellos" to me and exhaled her "milky" aroma.  I told myself "ok you win".   I moved.  
Don't know why HK has had so many non-Chineses still staying here.  This beach, Deep Water Bay, Cheung Sha.....  are crowded with more than 50% of non-Chineses.  Why don't they listen to their mother countries' serious warnings about the "no freedom" of HK.   

 

No comments: