Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Tree - be good or be forgiving

A few days ago I watched this green and contemplated. As I wrote earlier about my junior high school time of being rebellious against the Father in the class. The first impression is that this kid is a real rotten bad one, because in general any figure under any religion would be exempted from any negative images and always not be challenged. Here comes my thought back to the story of my bible class.

It's all about the story of Olive Tree. I was listening to the Father telling about how Jesus blamed on a sick olive tree for not growing some good olives. Actually that was gone but in the mid-term test paper, this story was brought up. I then wrote Jesus felt sorry for a sick olive tree.... So "blamed" and "felt sorry" are 2 different attitudes, unfortunately, in the eyes of that Father, wrong is wrong. At that time I wasn't smart with my speaking up, but just ran away.

As time went by, I looked back and came to the point "if I think Jesus should feel sorry for the olive tree, I should also feel sorry for the Father in having this extreme thought in his mind.".
Of course, I am not entitled to speak on someone's religion but I just went back to speak as a student in that school of the religion.


No comments: