Saturday, August 17, 2013

Deluxe room, Mode Sathorn by Siam@Siam, Bangkok

A few months ago when I was staying at Eastin Grand Sathorn, I got curious of a new hotel right opposite.  So there I came here to check it out.  This is another Siam@Siam design hotel, called Mode Sathorn.  The room is quite spacious and in a urban hip design, but not practical, e.g. no chair or cough, no towel hanger.  The light is also in a AI control that you need to switch off and then turn on certain light during night time.  Besides, as it's still very new, it's quite dusty.  However, US$70 as an intro. price is ok to me.

4 comments:

Stella said...

Wow $70 US is worth it for this new hotel.
This was the price I got in 2005/2006 at the old Center Point.

in the sea said...

Yes, US$70 for this one is quite good but it's not a comfortable room. The air-conditioning is too strong, and not practical room facilities.

Stella said...

I think by now you can write a book about different levels of hotels in Thailand.

in the sea said...

Nowadays people browse things on their phones. :)