Monday, May 26, 2014

Dinner at the Dining Room, The Residence Maldives

Service wise this restaurant is awesome.  However, on the FB/HB dinner menu, very few items can be chosen - either a soup or salad or chicken or beef.  It reminds me of the business class menu.  Out of a very limited choices, the good part is the freshest ingredients.  So we gotta taste some very fresh prawns and fish.  The house Thai chef made some very nice Tom Yam soup.  That really made up for the limited choices.  The Indonesian chef isn't bad either.  I tried some very nice Rendang beef.  The minors were the dessert - much too sweet and on the last night the ice cream was half melted.

3 comments:

Stella said...

Still related to Thai menu even in Maldivs huh.
All the dishes here look very good to me.
I also saw my favorite Char Siu.

in the sea said...

Among all the Asian dishes, Thai food is always my preferred choice.
That one with Char Siu is Singapore noodle.

Stella said...

Yes me too.
Thai food and Cantonese HK food are both my favorite.