Saturday, September 20, 2014

Dinner buffet at the Flow, Hilton Riverside BKK

This hotel was once a talk of the town in the late 90's into the millennium.  It's not so wise to label oneself with a time of the trend or using some outdated wording like "Grand" or "Millennium".  If it's not from a complimentary dinner voucher and if I'm not staying at the riverside, I wouldn't come here for a try.  Originally I was to visit the Prime (the steak house).  However, the captain acted quite rude and indifferent to my inquiry about a dinner table.  As I looked inside, I realised I might have been the only person to be there, then I would be an inconvenient guest if I don't mind their rude manner but simply went in.
The dinner buffet is at average.  The worst is their cold dishes.  If there aren't too many customers (10 incl. us), they shouldn't let those cold seafood stand for hours.  The hot food is ok and the dessert made a bit plus.
Remarks: MO was very discerning in delivering us to this place and picking us up back.  The shuttle boat of Hilton occupied 4/5th of the pier.  Even though they noticed we were waiting for the MO boat, that shuttle boat didn't move an inch letting the MO boat park.  So MO decided to make a very quick parking in so smartly without harassing the Hilton boat.  In general, this hotel is very consistent of their rude service, from pier, front office, cafe to the steakhouse.  

3 comments:

Stella said...

I remember we came here for drink.
And Mr HK/Trainer saw the boat that we otherwise may have missed.
Thank you my smart brother Trainer.

in the sea said...

Ah... you and he have something in common - often remembers some little things in its details.

Stella said...

That is why we can be brother and sister LOL.....
Say hello to my dear brother Mr HK.