Friday, August 22, 2014

Red Seasons (季季紅) Chinese restaurant, Wanchai, HK

This restaurant has been the talk of town for its renowned bbq baby big stuffed with dried shrimp rice - the stuffing is a very local home cooking but then made it in a luxury way.   It was first started with its origin in Yuen Long.  This dish is good for 8-12 persons but at this dinner we only had 4; so I had to ask my sisters to pack them (in 2 full boxes) after the meal.  However, this restaurant is only good at this dish.  All the others weren't too good and yet the service was very manipulating that they wouldn't let you put your table ware in your own way but in theirs, e.g., I tried to put my chopsticks on the plate side, but then they would put those off.  

2 comments:

Stella said...

Yummy.
The roast pig and and also the lobster look so delicious.
So they are very particular on table ware setting just like some Japanese Restaurants. Every time I moved my chopsticks they move them back again....

in the sea said...

I can appreciate the Japanese manner, but this one is on the reverse. I tried to place my chopsticks properly on the plate side, but they put those off on the table cloth.