Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Cafe Causette, Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong

I often don't rely much on the forums for nice restaurants and good food.  However, as I read an article about the best burger in town being awarded to Cafe Causette, I then gave it a try due to the name of MO.  Turned out the burger isn't as nice as those of a fast food shop.  The bread itself isn't too impressive.  Not much brown enough on the 2 faces inside.  The beef patty is super salty.  The french fried isn't nice at all and also very salty.  I called the captain and brought up all these for his attention.  So I got the answer that their beef patty is supplied by a contractor and marinated already when they were sent to MO.  I then closed this conversation because it's such a big disappointment that they didn't make the patty on their own.  The captain made a very wrong statement on this by thinking that I shouldn't blame them as it's a third party's problem.  The captain then offered a dessert as a compensation.  I feel embarrassed to further complain about these horrible cakes - crunchy choco cake and NY cheese cake.  Choco cake is much too sweet and the crunchy is already too wet and soft.  The NY cheese cake is very plastic and hard to melt in mouth.   These are like the opposite side of what we got from Clippers Lounge.

6 comments:

Stella said...

Good to know even MO can have defects too.

in the sea said...

I was thinking MO HK hired the ex-GM of MO BKK. I found it a copy cat here.

Stella said...

Ha ha ha.
Your good sense of humor always made me smile.
Thank you my friend.

in the sea said...

Thanks. Now that I must write to MO group and asked them where their ex-GM of MO BKK are now so that I can avoid visiting those...

Stella said...

Ha ha ha you made my laugh again Sea.
Thank you twice.

in the sea said...

If more people know how to make some little happy things happier, the world would be much easier. :)