Friday, October 30, 2015

Arriving at the Naka Phuket

On arriving at the resort, I got told the room wasn't ready (at 11am) until 2pm and offered me to go to Patong.  I promptly turned them down as guests coming to this kind of stylish resort would care about going to Patong (a super commercial tourist area).  Then I mentioned I wrote already in my email in advance to them if the room wasn't ready, I could be arranged to arrive at the hotel at their appropriate timing, say 12 or 2pm since I was staying at another nearby hotel.  So that told the hotel didn't get to be discerning about this remark.
Also, when we were at the front desk, no one appeared to help, until we asked.  As I asked about the room location, the front staff pointed at a villa just only 5-8 meters away from the back of the restaurant.  I then rectified about my previous request for a villa on a higher level.  So the manager replied "oh, everyone requested higher room".  From this note, it's not necessary to argue with him but then switched to a mode to cope with a low IQ and EQ person by simply asking him for another room.  So that has waisted us 2 hours.  
The reception does have a very nice view to the whole "cemented packed design resort".  Most of all, you can also see the inside of so many resorts right beneath the reception.

2 comments:

Stella said...

So finally we found some lazy and not so smart staffs for a change.
I like the lobby also the orange and while suit cases.

in the sea said...

Found out those lazy people are much driven by their phones. I might need to communicate with their IMs for services.