Friday, October 7, 2016

Chicken Rice, Chatter Box, Mandarin Orchard Singapore

It's been almost more than 15 years I haven't been to this place since the first time I visited here when this place was on the ground floor of the Meritus Mandarin (now Mandarin Orchard and it's on the 5F). I wasn't too impressed for the first time but this time it's even worse.  The meat is not that tender and juicy and the rice is a bit too broken (if it's a street stall, I wouldn't mind it, but it's S$27.5++).  The better one is the stir fried bean sprouts at S$9++.  I was in a high hope as this place is still the talk of town but sorry it's just on the forum's talk, not in reality.

3 comments:

SS said...

Food in S'Pore is not as good as BKK and HK overall.

in the sea said...

Some like the black pepper crab, but I don't. The better ones I like are the spare rib soup and chicken rice.

SS said...

Yes me too.
I love the spare rib soup and chicken rice a lot also the chicken rice soup.
I am not too keen on crab as it is troublesome to get little meat out of the shell.