Saturday, November 5, 2016

Our childhood with Toblerone, at Geneva Airport, Switzerland

On the trip back from Annecy to Bangkok, we had to pass through 4 countries.  First trip was from Annecy (France) to Geneva (Switzerland), 2nd from Geneva to London, 3rd from London to Kuala Lumpur and the last from Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok.  Because of the no check-thru' baggage service under One World.
It takes about 40 minutes from Annecy to Geneva and the limo. cost about EUR100.  At the Geneva Airport, we saw quite many cafeterias selling Toblerone, my friend couldn't help it and give it a try.  He told that in the childhood, the TV ad. showed a kid playing this Toblerone as a harmonica.  So he got one and tried to play it.  Just like in the old time, when we bought the instant noodle and thought what's inside should look like the packaging photo having some prawns and veggie on top.  That's our childhood.  We are losing our innocence because of all these beautiful surfacing tricks.  Belief and the behaviour confront.
At this cafe of Geneva airport, it isn't that expensive as I tried in Zurich.  Perhaps Swiss Francs dropped.  3 drinks, an apple strudel and a toblerone cost about US$20.  

2 comments:

SS said...

I still prefer to be innocent and simple instead of too suspicious and skeptical. But due to my work nature I have to be suspicious and skeptical.

This Toblerone is part of my childhood.
Since I found this at Trader Joe I always buy it, only $1.99 US. I like the chewy texture with some shredded almond crumbs.

in the sea said...

Yes, because when some others are taking advantage of our goodwill, we have to stay away from those bad intentions of the others. Just like every time when some people are near around, I'd raise my alert level to keep my belongings as close as possible, thanks to those incidents I had from some bad people who take advantage of my being helpful.