Friday, April 1, 2016

1 bedroom city view suite, Oriental Residence, BKK

The room itself isn't bad but the service is somewhat disappointing.  At check-in, the luggage wasn't delivered timely and properly.  Even I waved the bell boy for bringing the luggage to my room, I looked transparent.  Later on, in about 10 minutes after I returned to the hotel from failing to find a restaurant still being open.  The luggage was put outside of the hotel.  There I asked if that's my luggage, I got a "yes".  I further "if I can take it back".  The bell boy replied indifferently "yes, take it.".  So I took it back awkwardly as those 2 bell boys still moved an inch but just kept on chatting between themselves.  I then approached the front office about this improper behaviour, and followed another email.  The next morning, I got a reply from the Duty Manager.  On his reply, he put on copy to more than 15 colleagues.  I promptly further complained about the poor quality of the breakfast and the in-room dining.  Then I got another reply with further c.c. to more and more staff.  Really disappointing that I don't intend to come back for another stay.

5 comments:

SS said...

So both the service and food in this hotel is not good.
So I hope at least the price is.

in the sea said...

This 1 bed room suite is about US$135 with breakfast. However, Citadines or Ibis are far better than this residence, not even to mention to compare it to Park Plaza soi 18.

SS said...

$135 US is not cheap at all.
Remember you booked several better ones cheaper than this.(like Double Tree/Park Plaza/AG, etc). Even MO-BKK one time you got us for $220 per night including 2 big breakfast.

in the sea said...

Someone made the same comments as yours and I told him not to compare DoubleTree/Park Plaza/AG to this residence, as it's an "insult" to them.

SS said...

LOL....