Sunday, April 3, 2016

Gai Thong, Emquartier, BKK

This restaurant is very popular in the restaurant section of Emquartier, often with long line and crowd.  Got told this place is loved by the high society people. One flamboyant dish on the menu is a dozen of abalone in heavy gravy at THB4k something, but I could tell from the photo it's quite a waste of cooking abalone in that way.  After this trying, I believe I wouldn't wanna feel like being a high society Thai, nor do I dare to be.  The better ones are the stir fried noodles but I still don't like that kind of heavy gravy.  I'd prefer their deep fried drum sticks though it's a bit dried out.  Among all, the best one is the steamed pork patty with dried salty fish.  At least, the chef made it quite bouncy.  The veggie is a bit too oily.  Tom yam soup is a bit too sweet and the prawn not so fresh.  

1 comment:

SS said...

All the dishes look so good here.
All these are my favorites.
I love steamed pork with salty fish a lot.