Thursday, June 9, 2016

Wyndham Grand South Xian

The hotel lobby is quite grand as in its name.  I believe it's also one of the very top hotels in Xian.  Why?  I found out some interesting outsiders who would pretend talking on the phone and then not available to scan the key card to go up to the room floor.   This happened to the same when I stayed in Ritz Carlton Beijing. So the prompt response is not to scan your room key card and just keep on waiting and waiting.  Next is to report to the hotel front office.  This time the front office is even more exaggerating alarming - 3 ladies holding a walkie-talkie to "work", after my reporting.  So this told they acted to tell those soliciting people to "stop for a while". 

4 comments:

SS said...

Yes this is really grand like staying in a museum.
Do you mean the high class hotels are hard for some poultry to do business inside?

in the sea said...

Not just "poultry", but also other people who may act like they stayed in the room during housekeeping cleaning. It's quite easy for them to keep on talking on phone and pretending they are a big business man. Some guests wouldn't lock their stuff, and simply place their laptop or camera on the desk. Or they will check which rooms those persons stayed, and then stayed in the lobby until that person left the hotel. So they would find a time to break in the room. There are so many ways they can make a living. So I often check around when I walk to the hotel room to make sure no one is around and knows which room I stay.

SS said...

Oh I see.
I did not think of this part before.
You are very alert and careful Sea.

in the sea said...

After all, in having dealt with some interesting people, we got to be trained on that. Sometimes we have to thank them in some way.