Sunday, March 31, 2013

Phoenix City 太子鳳城酒家, Prince Edward, Kowloon HK

Friends in town and stayed in Prince Edward area.  That immediately reminded me of my old time favourite restaurant branch of Phoenix City 鳳城.  The last visit was over 10 years ago.  Without regret this recent visit would be my last visit.  All the food were just at average, but the worst is their house signature deep fried crispy chicken.  Some low grade frozen chicken was used.  If it's just HK$50 for half portion, I wouldn't complain, but this one is HK$138 for half portion.  Even considering this as a frozen chicken, this one was disqualified as a deep fried one.  The skin was too soft and shrunk.  Forget it!

3 comments:

Stella said...

Is this the Phoenix you took me?
Yes the chicken for this price is expensive
The pork with preserved veggie was good though.

in the sea said...

Yes, it's the one. The stewed pork is ok but not the classic cooking. I can only say it's just 梅菜煮豬肉.

Stella said...

The "stewed pork" dish at this restaurant is exactly the same taste I have at Phoenix here in LA.