Tuesday, July 14, 2015

New Town Inn & Bombay Darbar, Hulhumale (Ibrahim Nasir Airport), Maldives

Noticed from tripadvisor about this inn on the Hulhumale island (where the Male Ibrahim Nasir Airport is located) that there is a highly recommended Indian restaurant.  Personally I don't care much about those comments on forum; so I didn't care about that restaurant.  Until I checked in and noticed the food presented on the table, and besides the other restaurants seemed not to be quite appealing, I gave this restaurant a try.  At first I didn't have a high expectation and didn't intend to take photos.  That's why the below photo showed half empty already.  The curry was very nice and aromatic and yet not too straight hot.  The other dish stir fried chicken noodle was super good too.  Because of this impressive meal, I booked a half day stay on the return seaplane transit (as to meet the night flight and that the seaplane can't operate at night time).
About the room of this inn, it's not bad either.  At least it's tidy and clean at just US$50.  Good for an overnight stay when arriving at the evening time that seaplane can't be connected on the same day.  

3 comments:

Stella said...

$50 US here is very reasonable.
The meal looks deliciosu and big portion too.

in the sea said...

It's indeed a surprising gem to me.

Stella said...

I think you get gems everywhere.