Monday, July 11, 2016

All about gelato, Vienna, Austria

It's quite an amazing scene that I see people holding ice cream at 10am, lunch time, dinner time and late at night.  It's not just one scoop, but double or triple.  I believe Vienna may be the city that I have seen so many people getting ice cream as well as many ice cream shops.  Most of all, all the shops are in long lines.  So the one without a line should have a problem.
Photo 1-4: this is the first try and the least better one - Castebello - the shop has very good seating area.  5-6: Stanizel - this is a very classic shop and the cheapest one but the best one among all the 3 we tried.  Last photo: this one has a constant long line whenever I passed by it.  As I saw only 7-8 people, I then got in the line and got one.  It's quite a nice one though I prefer Stanizel.

7 comments:

SS said...

This place is suitable for you since I love ice cream.
If there is one all-you-can-eat ice cream parlor that will be great.

in the sea said...

I saw some people holding a 2 litre box of ice cream, and eat it while walking in the street.

SS said...

I can only eat with the whole pint box(Haggen Dazs only) but not the litre box though.

in the sea said...

I guess you wouldn't eat a pint box each day.

SS said...

I used to eat a pint of Haggen Dazs 2 times a week but no more.
Now only 2 scoops on weekend and one tiny cup on week nights.

in the sea said...

Having something sweet would comfort our mind and body.

SS said...

I like your comment here.
That is why I eat ice cream almost every night for my mental wellness.
Now even our office offers free ice cream some day I think they heard you here LOL.....