Sunday, August 28, 2016

Suspended in time, China Town, Penang

When a place wasn't intended for any development, everything seemed to have been suspended in time.  Saw some classic Chinese herb without too much chemical preservatives. A travel agent in the old days for checking various travel needs.  A grocery selling some old time preserved food and goodies.  A tea room for our social gathering and slowly enjoying dim sum and tea, and the nostalgic 七星伴月月餅 (seven salty egg yolks in a big moon cake) (*note not the adapted version of the 7 mini moon cakes around 1 big one).  Paper and transparent lanterns....  No electronic toys at all.  Even the local Chinese people are having their heart warming smiles and happy helping for your travel directions.  Not a smiley face on the screen with some sacrastic messages.  I do hear people "laughing out loud".  I do see people "thanks with a true smile".  I see my mother, my father, my grand ma and my aunts and uncle....

1 comment:

SS said...

You are so very right.
I also see myself, my brother, my parents and my childhood friends here.
Thank you for sharing me all these "back to the future" that I really missed.
Those were the days my friend.