Monday, January 28, 2019

La Poele, Chamonix, French Alps

When I passed by this restaurant, I thought it was a place for chicken as there is a happy hen on the big board at the entrance.  I overlooked the eggs laid by the happy hen, but noticed it too late after I ordered a 3 course meal for a salad/steak/crepe.  Noticed quite many others order omelette.  So  2 days later I came back and tried the omelette.  The eggs were very fresh and the way the chef batter the egg was very skilful (foamy and even).  However, the 3 course meal was good too.  I'd like the way they didn't put much dressing in the salad.  Very fresh veggie!  The steak was also what I look for.  No need to have any sauce.  Just some ground sea salt is good enough.  The crepe was a bit too heavy with the blueberry jam though.

No comments: