Thursday, February 21, 2019

breakfast at Taleon Imperial Hotel, Saint Petersburg, Russia

Supposed it was very cozy to take breakfast at such a open patio.  The food and the service were average but on the 2nd day the restaurant's captain rudely stopped us when we got in the restaurant and just said "no coat".  I then told him it was actually quite cold inside and yet we put on a jacket, but he repeated "no no no" and grabbed our jackets.  As I noticed some other guests wore some bulky pullover and jackets, I went back and argued why the others could do so.  The answer was still "no".  Then I went to the front office and asked for seeing the house manager.  The most interesting thing happened.  The manager called the restaurant's captain and verified if what I said was correct.  That was a very inappropriate handling.  Later on, the house manager asked "so what I can do.  It's a different culture".  So I replied him "it's not about the culture.  It's about his rudeness.".  
The next day we skipped the breakfast as we really didn't wanna see neither of them.  Yet, it's unpredictable of what the captain might do something extra on our meal.  

No comments: