Saturday, October 19, 2013

Momo Cafe (be a No No cafe), Courtyard by Marriott, Hang Zhou, China

 The breakfast, at the standard of mainland China, is pretty good.  Service-wise, the chefs and some waitresses were quite indifferent.  So you had to guess if they had listened clearly to your order.  At the lunch time, I tried their HK style cafe food like stir-fried beef flat rice noodle and iced cocoa.  Those were very close to the HK standard.  So I got impressed and came back here for a night time supper (as I didn't eat too full from a horrible dinner) for a club sandwich and to encore the iced cocoa.  It was 180 degree changed.  First, as they tried to put a glass of some slightly brown milky liquid on the table, I asked what that was, and promptly said that shouldn't be an iced cocoa.  Then the waiter replied ovaltine was like that.  I then said I ordered an iced cocoa and I circled that on the order form (yes, it's on an order form).  He then replied cocoa and ovaltine are the same thing.  I then asked "have you tried cocoa before?".  He honestly replied no.  So I got annoyed and said "how could you say ovaltine and cocoa are the same even though you don't know anything about cocoa.  So I asked him to cancel it.  Then another funny thing happened.  Check the last photo.  Do you think it's a club sandwich?  I didn't complain, as I considered it's useless.  In less than 10 seconds, I finished this super tiny sandwich.  While I was chewing, I asked for the bill, and walked out of the place asap.  So the fun never stopped.  The captain (who had already noticed my previous conversation with the waiter) ran to me and handed to me a paper cup.  She then asked me "was it the cocoa you want?  Pls take it with you".  I simply denied it.  In a second of hesitation, I returned and told about my disappointment from not only the cocoa, but also the ridiculous club sandwich....

2 comments:

Stella said...

So not every Marriott are good.
I think MoMo Cafe is quite famous.

in the sea said...

The one in BKK was quite nice, but not consistent.