Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Dinner at Loama resort Maldives

I believe this resort has out-won all the other Maldives resort I have ever been to for their pricey menu.  Starters can be at the range of US$30-40, mains from 45-60.  So at average, a meal can be easily over US$100 for one person.  The other night I noticed a seafood combo at US$150 for 2 persons, including a lobster, 2 big prawns, 2 fish filets, 4 big scallops and some squids.  In comparison, a seafood platter (the last 2nd photo) looks a bit cheaper as compared to a common stir fried chicken with rice at US$45.  In taking into account that the room rate was much cheaper than the others, then getting this seafood platter seem to justify its higher price.
Overall, all the dishes weren't too bad.  Service is good too.  So these 2 points have further offset a bit the pricey issue.

5 comments:

SS said...

$100 US per person is expensive, especially when the seafood can jump to your table directly from the water with no transportation needed. :)

in the sea said...

If fishing is allowed, yes, we could get some freshest one. I saw lobster under the water.

SS said...

You could have live lobster, fish, abalone also fresh and live turtle soup too. :)

in the sea said...

Among all those, I am opposed to taking turtle as a meal. Fortunately, I didn't have pets like lobster, those farm or caught fishes and abalone.

SS said...

I also don't like turtle meal or soup.
But I do like the turtle grass herbal jelly though LOL....
I will just plan to have one tonight.