Tuesday, September 24, 2013

An unhappy stay, Duplex suite, Infinity Residence, Samui, Thailand

Got changed to this duplex suite that I am not happy with.  The previous suite I stayed has a problem of rats running on the ceiling ventilation system.  When I complained this to the manager, I got told that would be a cat.  I simply told him my family used to have rats in the house and also cats.  I could simply tell a cat from a rat.  Then I decided not to argue with him.  Besides, he claimed "no guests complained about a rat problem.  That means I was to speak something extraordinary.  Another unhappy thing is that when they said they upgraded me to an Elegance suite, which turned out to be 2 rooms next to the previous room I stayed.  What's the difference is that the whole unit got split into a 2 bed room suite on the same size, meaning the bed room and living room smaller.  

Since they didn't show any sincerity in getting some compensation, I didn't feel like asking for anything further but reluctantly accept this suite.  Funny enough the front office emphasized the 2 bed room of this suite, but how can I make good use of this 2 bed rooms.  In fact it's a kind of waste and the bed room is much smaller than the previous one I stayed.  Most of all, the pool is much smaller.  I commented on this part to the manager, I got the answer "many guests do enjoy their stay".  So I seemed to have agreed with him on why I have a further complaint.  Anyway, from the first day of the power failure, they offered a one way trip to Fishermen Village (costing THB700) as a compensation, I really find it not so sincere.  Why not for a round trip.  

After all, all the local Thai staff are very friendly and helpful, except the house manager. 

5 comments:

Stella said...

The room is very nice and trendy although management not too good.
One-way trip is funny so they don't expect you to come back?
This hotel shall be out of your list then. You have many choices.

in the sea said...

Yes, I repeated "har.. 1 way?". Then I got a double yes. So I didn't bother to ask why "not round trip?l". Saving my air...

Stella said...

Maybe they don't want you to come back ha ha ha.

in the sea said...

As the resort sent me a note asking me to comment on tripadvisor, I told them my unhappy experiences that it wouldn't be good for them to have a negative image. They wrote back "they were saddened".... So they still think they tried their best... Forget it, and save my air.

Stella said...

OK. So the one-way ticket is in fact good so you don't need to come back here as you have better choices.