Thursday, September 19, 2013

強記美食 (Keung Kee local food), Marsh Road, Wanchai, HK

This shop has been my all time favourite local food and dessert.  They don't sell many choices of food or dessert.  They just concentrate on how to maintain good quality instead of variety.  Their specialities include steamed sticky rice with Chinese preserved sausage, stir fried noodles with bean sprouts in soy sauce, peanut pork bone dried fish congee, pan fried rice roll in dried shrimp and scallion, shimmered turnip, curry fish balls, dried pork skin and fish meat siu mai.  On the dessert side, they serve Jar Jar, green bean sweet, soya sheet sweet.  That's it.  I like all of them.  Though the prices aren't cheap, they use some quality ingredients and the way the make it is very thoughtful.  Like the sticky rice, they put some quality Chinese sausage and some dried mushroom.  The rice roll is with some scallion and dried shrimp with a drop of lard!  I can take one whole plate.  Their chilled soya sheet is kept with some frosty (note on photo 1).  So when you stir it, the frosty will melt and it's just so chilled!  The green bean is with the bean peel filtered.  What can I say?  Perfect!  That's why my gone friend loved this shop so much.  I used to hang out with her to visit this place every other week.  I am happy this shop has been keeping up so well after all these years.  Not easy at all.

5 comments:

Stella said...

Number 2,3,4 are my favorites.
Simple snacks and dessert made with heart here.
Look like a good place to go.

in the sea said...

The look and the sitting aren't that attractive. However, the food is another story. :)

Stella said...

I can tell the "chong fun" is very delicious.

Unknown said...

This place is the best.

in the sea said...

Thanks Lap. In coincidence, I just visited this place last night. Cheers.