Wednesday, December 25, 2013

寶香肉骨茶 Pao Xiang Ba Ku Teh (spare rib soup), Pavillion, Kuala Lumpur

This kind of food is almost an extinct in KL.  20-30 years ago, it wasn't like that.  However, though back then certain religion considered pork as something dirty, to some extent, a respect can be paid to the others.  In the recent years, it has become more drastic by claiming pork as something offensive or blasphemous.  
When I tried to ask for a table close to the door's entrance, I was told that I couldn't because there was a wedding being held next door, they didn't allow to have the pork smell being close to the door side.  I really feel that those people shouldn't choose a restaurant which is next to a place selling pork.  Anyway, if someone doesn't like beef or chicken in their religion, would they ask for the others on the same? 
So back to this shop, I am happy they continue to keep its nice quality.  I like their soaked peanuts, eggs, and the main character spare rib soup.  

5 comments:

Stella said...

What a huge pig bone.
The eggs also look tempting.

in the sea said...

Yes, the eggs are very nice and surprisingly cheap - only HK$7 for one.

Stella said...

Eggs cooked in any style are always my favorite although they are high in cholesterol.

in the sea said...

I met my aunt recently. She reminded that not to be that counting on cholesterol, but eat 1/3rd or less than half, as it has its good side. BTW, she is now 88 and still walk pretty fast and talk pretty loud and remember things quite well. She also remember when I used to go for the morning walk with her in the old days. She said to me nowadays people are a bit too extreme. Should be in the middle, and most of all, not to eat fast and live fast.

Stella said...

Your aunt is right.
Everything has its good and bad sides so take it in moderation is the best balance.