Tuesday, July 22, 2014

An impressive full meal service on CX business class, TPE-HKG

Being a courteous and considerate passenger would get you a higher chance of upgrade.  The flight I took got about 30 minute delay.  CX lounge staff offered an optional choice of flying an earlier flight. After a few seconds I confirmed the change to that earlier flight, I changed my mind to keep the original flight.  However, the ground staff swiftly changed it and released my originally booked seats.  Then the lounge staff felt so sorry as the ground staff put me to another seat, which is not a big deal to me.  After all, it's also part of my wavering fault.  So I simply told the lounge staff not to bother and I would just took whatever I was given, by even telling them that they should be busy with other things because of the flight delay.  A few minutes later, the lounge staff fondly came to me by giving me a new boarding pass for the upgrade.
On board, CX crew precisely served a full meal within 30 minutes (as 15 minutes after take off and 20 minutes clean up before landing for an hour flight).  Impressive and amazing that you won't feel they are in a hurry but served each course and drinks in a 5-10 minute interval.  I even took a champagne as per their enthusiastic recommendation.  No wonder CX earned back its name for the Airline of the Year 2014 (the last one in 2009) by Skytrax.

5 comments:

Stella said...

Good meal and good also efficient service.
What mean by "earned back"?
Who else is better than CX bwtween 2009 to 2014?

in the sea said...

There are a lots out in rival with each other, e.g. SQ, Emirates, Ethihad, Qatar...etc.

Stella said...

Oh I see.
To me CX is the best as I don't know the others.

in the sea said...

But BR (Eva Air) is not bad....

Stella said...

You are right EVA is good too espeically its instant noodle and the Hello Kitty noodle in flight.