Friday, July 18, 2014

Back to Mine - Kiki restaurant, Fu Hsing N. Road, Taipei

This restaurant has brought me so much memories with old good friends - chatting intimately, in laughters into tears, and in serious business or casual meetings.   It's still one of my regular visits, especially this outlet on Fu Hsing N. Rd., whenever I am in Taipei.
This time the drunken boneless chicken thigh (photo 3) is a bit different.  The ginseng roots flavour was gone and I guess it's not what most people want.  I still prefer the previous one with the ginseng roots as it goes so well with the yellow wine.  Photo 6 (cabbage stewed with dried shrimp) is my another preferred dish, simply because it brought back to the exact cooking I did for my family so many years ago.  This dish is so down-to-earth - nothing fancy but just good to go with rice.  That's how my family grew up.

3 comments:

Stella said...

The cabbage with dried shrimp is also my favorite.
I can eat 3 bowls of rice with this.
sOMETIME I used Napa instead of cabbage; both are delicious.

in the sea said...

This kind of home cooking is quite Southern China. Dried shrimp is a good ingredient in some other SE Asian dishes too, like Thai, Vietnam and Malay.

Stella said...

Yes I am having this dish tonight since seeing it here.
BTW, we have the same name and logo of this store in Monterey Park but they are bakery shop.
Even the moon and star design in the logo the same.
Let me check it out this weekend again.