Thursday, May 28, 2015

Boon Tong Kee 文東記 Chicken rice shop, the Up Rama 3 community mall, BKK

If I didn't visit the original shop in Singapore, I would wonder how come this one could be so famous in Singapore.  This branch simply destroy the whole image of Boon Tong Kee.  The chicken was too dried out and yet too mashy in texture.  The other dishes failed too - the veggie soaked in thousand year egg and salty duck egg (photo 6) is the worst I have ever tried.  They made a funny sauce in it.  The only better one is the soup of the day, not the best but better than the chicken and the veggie.

3 comments:

Stella said...

Hainan Chicken is always my favorite.
Would like to try this on my next trip if time allows.

in the sea said...

I don't recommend this one in BKK, but only the one in Singapore. If you can bear with the heat, the one in water gate is quite good though I miss the very old one in China Town. Or if you have time, try Hainan Chicken in Tsui Wah HK or Nan Ah.

Stella said...

Thank you Sea.
Hainan Chicken Rice is always my favorite.
I would like to see at least tice in BKK. I miss the one Maria went too.