Sunday, June 14, 2015

entre2rives, Vietnamese restaurant, Paris

My friend used an app to search a nearby Vietnamese restaurant.  The one is on a pretty high rating.  It reminded me of my time in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City as when I tasted their dip sauce of the spring roll (photo 2) which is quite fishy smelly and the rice roll wrap is quite tough and rough in texture (hard to chew).  The rice noodle is also quite rough in texture.  I'd say the ingredients are imported from Vietnam.  Another ironic note that I have to say I'd prefer the Vietnamese restaurants in HK and don't care if that's not called for authentic or original.

3 comments:

Stella said...

You are so right Sea.
Good taste with good texture is more important than whether it is authentic or original.

in the sea said...

I'd agree that sometimes some people are too hysterical about authentic food and forgot some basic things of cooking and enjoying the meal.

Stella said...

Yes 100% agreed.