Sunday, June 14, 2015

Le Roi Du Pot Au Feu, Paris

As my friend suggested trying this restaurant by reminding about the raw stew home-style cooking, I expected it to be a stew in caramelized thick sauce after long hour low heat shimmering.  It turned out it's in a boiling cooking and I hope my friend wouldn't mind me calling it as the left over from the soup.  However, if anyone knowing me for long, I'd much appreciate the left over of soup and I always enjoy it together with steamed rice.  This time I was missing a bowl of hot steamed rice.   It may be ironic for me to comment if I'd dare to say anyone could run a restaurant like this one when there is nothing about culinary technique.  So I'm half and half in commenting if this restaurant is good or not when I'd personally like the left over of soup. 
As for the dessert, the shop put it in the fridge together with the meat and veggie.  Besides, it's way too sweet that I could only finish 1/3rd of the choco. mousse.  The creme brûlée was a bit too cooked at a high heat causing it with too much small bubbles and rough in texture.  I'm not sure if this is the original French home style cooking but at least these are what I found so. 
I was told that the shop was with long lines in winter time when people want a hot raw stew like this.

6 comments:

Stella said...

If the cream brulee with bubbles is the original French cooking than I prefer the non-original one with no bubble so more smooth texture.

in the sea said...

That's why I couldn't argue when it comes to a home cooking because every home isn't the same. I'd steam custard or egg at low heat to maintain its smoothness, and wouldn't put the dessert/fruits together with the meat. In fact, I have been having 1 mid-sized and 1 small fridge at home - one for the fruit/drinks and the other for meat/preserved stuff...etc. This way the fruit and meat smell won't be absorbed by each other, instead of having a big fridge with separate compartments.

Stella said...

Good idea to have 2 separate fridge for meat and fruits. You have good sense in food and cooking.

in the sea said...

I often had some scenes of how my mother treated food, and also saved food. A scene that she picked up some dumped veggie in the market and took away those rotten parts. So from this, I got to learn we have to treasure food, and not to leave anything on the dish. Another scene is that she hand tossed the pan fried peanuts for the rice dumplings. She told that irregular tossed of the crushed peanuts would have the texture and aroma mixed well when we dipped it with sticky rice dumpling. Just some little skill would make the food much different.

Stella said...

So you picked up the good DNA of good kitchen science and good cooking skill from your mom a lot, also your aunt and grandma too.

in the sea said...

It depends. Some may put it as their child's phobia and resented to the things in life of their discontent.