Sunday, November 3, 2013

Don't take me Lu Lu

This almond drink Lu Lu was my favourite in the early '00s, especially when I visited Shen Zhen, Canton quite frequently, and somehow this drink is more popular in the South.
In the early '00's, a couple of good friends used to go to Shen Zhen for foot massage, because one friend got quite much pain with her ankles.  Under a recommendation from a good friend, we got to find a decent foot massage place.  We went there during day time and everything looked so decent.  
Then there was a time one friend suggested staying over night for watching football game, while we could enjoy a late night supper.  So after we finished the massage at around 9pm, the whole place got a "face lift" with some pink curtain down and purple lighting on, and the staff roaster got changed too.  We seemed to go into another world.  There came an unfamiliar guy passing behind me speaking softly "Want Lu Lu?".   Since this Lu Lu almond drink was one of my regular choice in this massage place, I then replied "A cold one please.".  That guy came back and got annoyed "Lu Lu lady!".  
So I promptly went back to the group and told what I ran into.  We all burst into laughters.  After a few minutes, we decided not to leave the room, like a vampire was out there.
Whenever I saw this drink again, I couldn't help with a smile..., and think of someone's cheerful laughters. 

3 comments:

Stella said...

So day time here offers Lu LU Almond drink while night time offers live Lu Lu Dolly.

in the sea said...

Yes, 不折不扣

Stella said...

So no all Lu Lu is the same.
This Lu Lu is not the same as that Lu Lu.
Glad that you did not take the wrong Lu Lu.:)